Kia unveiled its upcoming Seltos compact SUV. The company chose Delhi, India for the launch event to give importance to the market. They want to emphasize on the Indian auto market as it seems to be flourishing day by day.
For Kia, the Seltos Compact SUV will play an important role. It will be their efforts to expand their global footprint and establish a firm foot in the Indian auto market. The all-new compact SUV is packed with the latest technology and safety equipment to attract the young consumers of the market. Along with being a technologically advanced machine, the Seltos will also offer value for money. It comes with the latest connectivity and safety features, a roomy interior that seats five people in comfort, and high levels of space and versatility.
Kia Seltos Compact SUV will be offered with a 1.6-litre T-GDI turbocharged petrol engine and 2.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine. And the diesel engine will be the 1.6-litre motor.
- 1.6-liter T-GDI turbocharged petrol engine – 177 PS
- 2.0-liter naturally aspirated petrol engine – 149 PS
- 1.6-litre diesel engine – 136 PS
Depending on the market, the Seltos will be offered with up to three automatic transmission options – a seven-speed dual clutch transmission (7DCT), a six-speed automatic transmission (6AT) and a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
Features of the Kia Seltos Compact SUV
- The 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Sound Mood Lighting
- 8.0-inch Head-Up Display system
- Eight speakers Bose audio system
- Full LED headlights and taillights
- LED daytime running lights and rear lamps, and 3D multi-layer indicators
- LED fog lights.
- Offered with 16, 17 or 18-inch premium crystal cut alloy wheels
- 205/60 R16, 215/55 R17 or 235/45 R18 tyres offered
- Drive Mode Select system with ‘Normal’, ‘Eco’ and ‘Sport’ mode
- UVO CONNECT telematics system. UVO CONNECT is designed to bring driving into the digital era, connecting drivers to the world around and providing useful information – via the in-car touchscreen, and compatible smartphones.
- Kia’s Vehicle Stability Management system as standard, incorporating traction control and electronic stability control
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Traction Control System
- Brake-force Assist System
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Production and sales
In a flash
- New Compact SUV from Kia revealed globally
- Will be manufactured in India and Korea
- On sale in global markets during the second half of 2019
- Powered by Smartstream petrol and diesel engines, claimed to be efficient