Land Rover’s Discovery Sport has been one of their best sellers and was due for an update. The update took a while to arrive but worth it. The new Discovery Sport is all set to take forward the legacy of the original Discovery Sport that has been the torch bearer for three years now. The Discovery Sport has always been pitched as an off-roader for adventure-loving families. For the new avatar, Land Rover sticks to the plan an makes it even better. With over half a million sold globally, and is the recipient of many awards, the original has proved it all, and now the new one has to stand up to its legacy.
The New Discovery Sport is enhanced for every family adventure.
The Sport now sports Land Rover’s new Premium Transverse Architecture (PTA). This new structure is electric ready as it can accommodate new electrified engines. 13 per cent stiffer than its predecessor, the new body features rigidly-mounted subframes that reduce noise and vibration intrusion into the cabin.
The flexible 5+2 seating configuration of the Discovery Sport has been its USP and will be for the new one as well. The seating configuration allows up to 24 interior combinations.
The new Discovery Sport is available in S, SE, HSE, and R-Dynamic variant.
New Discovery Sport Features
- Practical 5+2 seating layout improved with 40:20:40 split-folding second-row seats
- Premium Transverse Architecture delivers superior handling, surpasses most stringent global safety requirements and accommodates electrified powertrains
- Electrified powertrains: New 48-volt MHEV, 3-cylinder PHEV or three- and four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines
- RDE2 certified: New Discovery Sport (as D150 manual Front-Wheel Drive) certified on more stringent
- RDE2 emissions standards – six months ahead of January 2020 introduction and reducing harmful NOx particulates entering the environment
- Increased small item stowage and a flexible loadspace (up to 1,794-litres)
- New ClearSight Ground View turns the bonnet invisible while a high-definition rear-view mirror transforms rear visibility
- Innovative Terrain Response 2 technology ensures you can wade rivers, climb mountains and explore places other compact SUVs cannot reach
- Touch Pro infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless charging and 4G WiFi hotspot.
The new Discovery Sport will make its way to India by next year following the launch of the new Range Rover Evoque. The price will more than the outgoing model but the package will be way premium.
New Discovery Sport News In a flash
- New Discovery Sport revealed
- New exterior design, and transformed interior for maximum space
- Available to order in the UK
- Prices start from £31,575