Skoda will be launching their new and updated Superb sedan this month (May 2019). It will be celebrating its world premiere at the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in the Slovakian capital, Bratislava. We have always loved the Superb from its inception and now the deal gets even better. For its new updated avatar, the 2019 Superb gets the automaker’s latest technology and features. So, expect the safety, driving comfort, performance and eco-friendliness to be up to a notch. This resulting in bringing many advantages and specification features from higher-tier vehicles into the mid-size car segment.
Yes, the 2019 Skoda Superb is going to be loaded with innovative features to the brim but there’s something very special that the sedan now gets. The updated flagship model will now feature the company’s latest Full LED Matrix Headlights. Making the Superb the first-ever production model of Skoda to get the technology. Revealing the concept, Skoda has released a set of images that tell you a lot about the fancy tech. We get a first impression of the new full-LED Matrix headlights, the redesigned LED fog lights and full LED tail lights with dynamic indicators. The automaker also showcases the tech through a new video.
The sketch shows the design of the new lighting system. It consists of an LED module for the dipped and high beam as well as three further LED high beam segments, and bears the Skoda Crystal Lighting’ lettering in the housings.
- A narrow strip of LEDs provides the indicators, daytime running lights and position light.
- Above this are fine needle-like LED structures, which are part of the new animated Coming/Leaving Home function.
- When turning on and turning off the car, this feature automatically turns elements of the headlights and tail lights on and off in a specified sequence.
- New full-LED Matrix headlights and the Coming/Leaving Home animation in action and illustrates how they work.
- Redesigned fog lights featuring LED technology and the full LED tail lights
- Dynamic indicators that illuminate in an outward sweeping motion. Not only do these provide a more dynamic appearance, they are also more noticeable for other road users and increase road traffic safety.
In A Flash:
- Skoda Superb to be the company’s first production model to feature full LED Matrix headlights and dynamic lighting functions
- Full LED tail lights with dynamic indicators improve visibility
- Launch in May at the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Bratislava